Travelling to San Jose is an excellent idea, as this bustling city has some of the area’s best food, shopping, and attractions.
When you arrive, make sure to explore the Tech Museum of Innovation, take a relaxing stroll through the historic San Pedro Square Market, and visit the beautiful Municipal Rose Garden.
To add a touch of uniqueness and style to your California trip, I highly recommend booking a room at one of the following boutique hotels in San Jose.
Boutique Hotels in San Jose California
San Jose has many cool and unique neighbourhoods to explore. One such area is the SoFA district, known for its thriving arts scene and eclectic shops.
Another neighbourhood to check out is Willow Glen, with its tree-lined streets, boutique stores, and excellent dining options.
You might also like a hotel in the Santana Row area for a relaxing stay. This charming neighbourhood has a European vibe, with cobblestone streets, outdoor cafes, and upscale shops.
It’s the perfect place to stay if you want to explore San Jose’s trendy and chic side.
Top PickThe Westin San Jose
Address: 302 South Market Street, San Jose, CA
For a stay that perfectly blends historic charm and modern luxury, look no further than The Westin San Jose. You’ll love the stylish rooms, which expertly combine vintage elements with the latest technology to provide an unforgettable experience. For delicious dining, you can enjoy fresh, authentic Italian cuisine from the acclaimed restaurant Il Fornaio, which also offers catering services. While the hotel’s limited on-site parking may be a minor inconvenience, The Westin San Jose’s prime location in the heart of downtown more than makes up for it.
- Cool and unique design.
- Modern gym for a quick workout.
- Huge breakfast selection.
- The ideal central Downtown location is Fairmont Plaza.
- Recycling bins are available to guests, and waste is recycled.
- Most lighting throughout the property uses energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- The food provided at the property is locally sourced.
- Local artists are offered a platform to display their talents.
- Green spaces, such as gardens/rooftop gardens on the property
Pros: Experience the perfect blend of historic elegance and modern luxury at in the heart of downtown San Jose.
Cons: The only drawback is that this isn’t an independent boutique hotel.Check Availability
Location of The Westin San Jose
Although I believe this is the best hotel in San Jose, you may be seeking something distinct.
In that case, I can suggest a few other options below that may be more unusual, have unique features, or are situated in a different location.
Cool and Unique Hotel
You might prefer staying in a cool and unique hotel because it can enhance your overall travel experience and provide a memorable and distinct accommodation option you won’t find elsewhere.
Aloft Santa Clara
Address: 510 America Center Court, San Jose, CA
Aloft Santa Clara is a trendy and modern boutique hotel that offers a unique experience to its guests. This hotel is located in San Jose, in close proximity to many of the city’s attractions and amenities. The hotel proudly displays artwork from local artists throughout its common areas, including the lobby and hallways. This is a fantastic way to showcase the unique talent and creativity of the San Jose community. Of course, the hotel’s year-round outdoor pool and stunning views of the city are also major selling points, providing guests with an opportunity to relax and unwind while taking in the local scenery.
Hotel De Anza
Address: 233 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA
If you’re looking for a hotel with a rich history and unique character, you should definitely consider staying at Hotel De Anza. From the Art Deco decor to the glamorous ambience, you’ll feel transported back to the Jazz Age. Despite the vintage touches, you won’t have to sacrifice modern amenities, as the hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay. Plus, its location near the SAP Center and airport make it a convenient choice for anyone visiting San Jose.
AC Hotel San Jose Downtown
Address: 350 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA
f you’re looking for a stylish, modern hotel with top-notch amenities, AC Hotel is an excellent choice. Take a dip in the refreshing rooftop pool while enjoying the city views, or indulge in distinctive Mediterranean cuisine and cocktails at the on-site Coastal Manor restaurant and bar. With its sleek, high-tech design and top-of-the-line features, you’ll have everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Where to Stay in San Jose
Here’s a list of the best areas to stay in San Jose, California, for visitors who are looking to book a boutique hotel:
- Downtown San Jose – This area is a great choice for those who want to be in the heart of the action. Downtown San Jose is home to many cafes, independent stores, galleries, museums, and green spaces. You’ll find a variety of boutique hotels in this area, with easy access to the city’s best attractions.
- Santana Row – This neighbourhood is known for its upscale shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. It’s an excellent choice for those who want to stay in a stylish and trendy area with plenty of amenities nearby.
- Willow Glen – This charming neighbourhood is a great choice for those who want to stay in a quieter area with a small-town feel. Willow Glen is known for its tree-lined streets, independent shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Rose Garden – If you’re looking for a neighbourhood with beautiful green spaces, the Rose Garden is an excellent choice. This area is home to the Municipal Rose Garden and many other parks and gardens. It’s also close to the historic San Pedro Square Market.
- Almaden Valley – This neighbourhood is a bit further out from downtown San Jose, but it’s a great choice for those who want to stay in a more residential area. Almaden Valley is known for its scenic hills, hiking trails, and parks.
No matter where you choose to stay in San Jose, you’re sure to find plenty of boutique hotels that will fit your needs and preferences. Consider what you want to be near and what kind of atmosphere you’re looking for when deciding where to stay in San Jose.
Map of San Jose
If you’re planning a trip to California and want to make the most of your time exploring the state’s diverse landscapes and iconic cities, this guide is an excellent resource that offers expert insights, insider tips, and carefully curated recommendations for the best places to visit in California.
If you’re planning a trip to San Jose, you’ll find that it has an incredibly helpful website that provides valuable information and resources to help you make the most of your visit.
Responsible Travel Tips
Many of us are increasingly concerned about climate change and sustainability. Here are a few ideas on how we can travel more responsibly in San Jose.
- Use sustainable transport options: San Jose has a good public transportation system that you can use to explore the city. You can also consider renting a bike to get around or walking to nearby attractions to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Minimize food waste: San Jose has several farmers’ markets where you can buy fresh produce and support local farmers. Consider buying only what you need and eating leftovers instead of throwing them away.
- Opt for sustainable diets: You can support sustainable food practices by choosing vegetarian or vegan meals at local restaurants or by choosing restaurants that source their ingredients locally.
- Support renewable energy: Several hotels and hostels in San Jose have implemented renewable energy sources like solar power; some even have their own water filtration systems. You can support these businesses by choosing to stay with them.
- Avoid flying: If possible, try to avoid flying and opt for alternative modes of transport. You can take a train or bus to San Jose or choose to explore nearby attractions on foot or by bike.
- Support the local community: San Jose has a vibrant local community that you can support by shopping at local markets and stores or booking tours and experiences with local guides and companies. This way, you can help promote sustainable and responsible tourism practices that benefit the community.
There are several excellent neighbourhoods to choose from, depending on your preferences. Downtown San Jose, Santana Row, and Willow Glen are all great options for visitors looking to stay in a lively area with plenty of amenities. If you’re looking for a quieter neighbourhood with beautiful green spaces, consider the Rose Garden or Almaden Valley.
San Jose is home to many exciting attractions, including the Tech Museum of Innovation, the San Jose Museum of Art, and the Winchester Mystery House. You can also explore the historic San Pedro Square Market, take a walk through the Municipal Rose Garden, or catch a performance at the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts.
San Jose has several excellent boutique hotels to choose from, ranging from trendy and modern to charming and historic. Some popular options include Aloft Santa Clara, Hotel De Anza, and The Westin San Jose for a more luxurious stay. Consider what kind of atmosphere and amenities you’re looking for when choosing a boutique hotel in San Jose.
San Jose is a vibrant and exciting city that offers something for everyone. That might mean exploring its many museums and galleries, shopping at independent stores and boutiques, or simply relaxing in one of its beautiful green spaces.
When planning your trip, be sure to consider what kind of atmosphere and amenities you’re looking for in a boutique hotel, as well as what neighbourhoods might best suit your needs and preferences.
With so much to see and do in San Jose, you’re sure to have an amazing time exploring all this city offers.
If you have questions or want to leave a hotel review, please do so in the comments.
Recommendations are independently chosen based on personal travel experiences and extensive research. This post contains affiliate links to hotels in San Jose, California. This means I get a small commission from any bookings at no extra cost to you.
Leave a Reply