As the most popular tourist destination in the world, it’s not surprising to find crazy long lines at attractions in Paris. Like seriously long, often with wait times in the hours.
The Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum have the longest and most exhausting lines of the city’s many sights.
In this guide, I’ll explain which are the best skip the line tickets and how to get them before you go.
- Skip the line Eiffel Tower tickets
- Skip the line Louvre tickets
It might feel like getting attraction tickets in Paris is almost to the point where you spend more time queuing to buy tickets than enjoying what you’re there to see.
Thankfully, with a little planning, you can buy your tickets online before you go, avoid the queues and skip the line in Paris.
It’s very common to buy online in advance and there’s no stress of working the ticket machines.
You can book from the comfort of your home or even on the day before from your hotel room.
Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tickets
You can get incredible views of the Eiffel Tower from the surrounding areas or from almost anywhere in Paris.
The most classic view is from the Trocadero, just across the river from the Eiffel Tower. You’ll want to go to Trocadero whether or not you intend to go up the Eiffel Tower. It’s well worth it.
Surrounding the Eiffel Tower is a grass area called the Champs du Mars. You’re free to walk here and it’s a popular spot for a picnic.
To avoid the queue to go up the tower, you can get one of many skip the line tickets.
Skip the line Eiffel Tower Tickets Only
- Skip the line Eiffel Tower tickets only – this ticket gives you direct access to the Eiffel Tower without a guide.
- Access the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Option to access the tower summit (recommended).
- Spend as much time as you like at each level.
- The host will accompany you until the ticket scan and then you will make your own way up to the summit.
- The easiest ticket for exploring the Eiffel Tower.
Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour with Top Level Summit Access
To get top level summit access at you just need to select that option when booking your ticket. Here are a the best skip the line tickets that offer this access:
- Skip the line Eiffel Tower tickets – Get direct access to the summit. No guide but a host will escort you to the correct entrance.
- Paris: Eiffel Tower Summit – This is the more popular skip the line summit access ticket. Guided visit with a local tour guide.
Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Ticket with Audio Guide
This is the most popular ticket if you want to visit the Eiffel Tower with audio guide.
- Direct Access Eiffel Tower with Audioguide – The audio guide is an easy to use downloadable app.
Skip the Line Eiffel Tower Tour with Seine River Cruise
Getting an Eiffel Tower Tour and Seine River cruise combo ticket is possible. Book this tour and upgrade to the river cruise option.
Half Day Sightseeing Tour with Skip the Line Eiffel Tower
There aren’t any half day sightseeing tours that include a skip the link ticket. Instead, buy one of the Eiffel Tower tickets listed above and combine it with one of these half-day tours.
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with Optional Cruise
- 4-Hour Bike Tour: Off the Beaten Path
- Walking Tour of Montmartre
- 3-Hour Chocolate & Patisserie Walking Tour
What to Expect
Even though this is a skip-the-line ticket, you still have to wait to go through security and there might be a short wait for the elevator in peak times.
Even so, it saves considerable time instead compared to queuing to purchase your ticket on arrival at the ticket office.
Skip the Line Louvre Tickets
You can avoid the long queues at the Louvre Museum by purchasing a timed entrance ticket before you go.
This means you can skip the ticket line and be shown the quick way into the Louvre.
- Louvre Museum Timed-Entrance Ticket – This is the most popular Louvre ticket as it ensures you get inside within 30 minutes.
How it works: Show your ticket to the security staff at the dedicated Priority Access line at the Pyramid main entrance, Porte des Lions entrance, or Carrousel entrance to the Louvre Museum. You will then go through an airport-style security check. After, you can directly access the museum with your ticket.
Note: You still need to go through the security line.
Skip the Line Louvre Museum Tickets & Audio Guide
If you would like to have an audio guide, you can purchase them inside the Louvre for €5, or you can save time and order it with your online ticket.
- Louvre Museum Timed-Entrance Ticket and Audioguide – This is the same ticket as above but with an official Louvre audio guide included.
Important: Know Before You Go
- The Louvre Museum is open daily except Tuesdays.
- Last entry 1 hour before closure.
- Tickets can be used to access both permanent collections and temporary exhibitions.
- Admission is free at all times for children under 18 and for EEA residents aged 16-25.
- All visitors, including those eligible for free admission, must book a time slot.
- The Louvre is free for all visitors on Bastille Day, the 14 July.
- The Louvre Museum is no longer free on the first Saturday of each month.
Check the Louvre website for the full list of eligibility for free admission.
How Skip the Line Tickets Work
Once you purchase your skip the line ticket, you’ll receive an email from GetYourGuide with your mobile voucher.
There is no need to print your voucher.
You can print your voucher if you like, but we suggest avoiding doing so for environmental reasons as well as for the safety and convenience of having the voucher on your phone.
Pay attention to the meeting point on the voucher where you will meet your guide, who will check your voucher.
You can always email GetYourGuide if you have any questions, they are a well-known tour company with excellent service.
If you’re planning a trip to Paris, getting your Eiffel Tower and Louvre tickets online before you go will help make your trip go smoothly.
I particularly recommend a guided tour if this is your first trip to Paris or if you’re an inexperienced traveller.
If you have questions or want to leave a tour review, please do so in the comments.
Recommendations are independently chosen based on personal travel experiences and extensive research. This post contains affiliate links to tours in Paris, France. This means I get a small commission from any bookings at no extra cost to you.